“Makeup Is An Accessory, Not A Necessity.”
Hi guys, Apryl here! I wanted to take moment and talk about something that is very near and dear to my heart....Makeup. I love makeup! I love playing with it and I love to add that extra little something to my look that finishes off my outfit. My personal philosophy is, “Makeup is an accessory, not a necessity.”
Over my 24 years as a professional makeup artist, I have heard too many ladies talk about a flaw, or the perception of flaws that hinder their ability to even been seen in public without “Putting On Their Face.” Because of this, over the past 5 years, I have shifted my focus from makeup to skin care. My goal as an Esthetician is to get you comfortable enough with your skin that makeup can become an accessory for you too!
Over 80% of skin maintenance is the commitment to a consistent daily routine.
Here are a few tips that may help you.
- Meet with a skin care professional that you trust to help guide you into the home care regime that will help you improve and maintain the health of your skin.
- Drink your water. We are made up of over 70% water. Dehydrated skin equals dull skin.
- Exfoliate!! The buildup of dead skin cells causes rough texture and dullness.
- Get your “Beauty Rest.” Your grandmother really did know what she was talking about! Sleep is when our bodies do their repairing and rebuilding. When we don’t get enough sleep, our skin shows how tired we really are.
- Smile! A pleasant expression is one of the best ways to let your natural beauty shine.
*This article courtesy of Apryl Hughes, Licensed Esthetician